Auto Accident Care
What you should know if you were in an Auto/Car accident?
It’s sorry to say, however, studies show that most of us will be in an auto accident at some point in our lives. The only question remaining, is how bad will it be? The following are important things to know if you are involved in an automobile accident auto accident
- Seek treatment as soon as possible.
If there is a chance you may be seriously hurt, you should go to the Emergency room at your local hospital. There they can rule out fractures and life threatening injuries.
- If you are still experiencing pain and discomfort a few days to a couple weeks later, than you should come to our office to find out if you have any structural damage. NOTE: The longer you wait after an accident to come to our office, typically the longer it takes to get you better.
- All auto insurance companies (in MA) have what is called PIP (personal injury protection) coverage .This means that your bills will be paid up to 100% up to a certain limit. In addition, you may also have what is called Med Pay coverage. This means your bills will be paid on 100% beyond the PIP to a certain limit. Our office can check all that for you.
- If the accident was your fault. You are still eligible for PIP and Med Pay coverage. Our office will check all that for you.
- If you are the passenger of a car involved in an accident. You are still eligible for PIP and Med Pay coverage. Our office will check all that for you.
- If the car you were in had no insurance. The state of MA has put together an “assigned claims plan ”for those situations. You would be are the eligible for PIP coverage under this program. Our office will check that for you and make all the arrangements.
- At the accident scene, get as much information on the other driver or drivers as possible. An accident report by Police is always helpful, but not required to have a case.
- Initially you are not required to use your Health Insurance for injuries that occurred as a result of an automobile accident. However, if you’re Health Insurance policy has chiropractic coverage it may be coordinated with your automobile insurance correctly to cover all your bills. Since our office is also a full-fledged wellness and family practice, we successfully bill insurance companies’ everyday. We have extensive experience in coordinating your benefit. This is not the case with every treatment facility.
- You should never settle with an insurance company before you have had us evaluate your injury for you. If you settle before your injury is fully resolved, you will be completely on your own and will have to pay out of pocket for your care.
- Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult after an auto accident. We have a number of reputable and highly qualified Attorneys who we can refer you to for a complimentary consultation. Hiring a reputable Attorney essentially takes you out of the direct bargaining process with the insurance company and lets you concentrate on healing.
- Injuries sustained after a auto accident if left untreated can lead to spinal degeneration and a host of other problems for years to come.
FINAL NOTE: We find that many people involved in an auto accident that WAS THEIR FAULT never get treatment.
This tends to be due to the fear that their insurance will go up after a claim is filed.
Your PIP (Personal Injury Protection ) is why you have auto insurance in the first place.
Many insurance companies will not raise your rates after 1 or even 2 accidents in the same year.
THE INJURIES SUSTAINED IN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT CAN CAUSE A HOST OF PROBLEMS FOR YEARS TO COME, OR EVEN THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO COME IN AND GET CHECKED.